Five thoughts on learning leadership:
1. Leadership instincts are organic, part of a person’s make up, wiring.
2. What to do with those instincts can be learned.
3. Learning what to do as a leader depends on the context.
4. Deciding what to do, how and when in the context is the essence of leadership
5. Improving leadership skill is a matter of practice and deliberate action.
If you are a leader: have a plan for Monday morning – today. What do you expect to be confronted with? What will you do? Hint: checking your email first thing IS NOT the thing to do.0