South Shore Health – Executive Education | Part One
Welcome to the Learning Resource Page for South Shore Health’s Executive Education Series
In order to gain the best learning experience from our sessions together, please do the following for preparation:
- Read the articles / presentation in the Pre-Reading section below and be prepared to discuss and reference them
- Kaplan et al, Why Lean Doesn’t Work for Everyone
- Dafny and Lee, Health Care Needs Real Competition
- Jeffrey Liker Talk. St. Vincent College
- Be prepared to present one operational problem by describing 1) where, when and how you recognized that something happened that you didn’t expect, 2) what you expected to happen and 3) the exact process step where what you expected to happen should have been done.
- Think about what difficult about your previous work in “lean”. Be prepared to provide three things that were problematic with “lean”.
- Think about what you already know for sure about “true lean”. Be prepared to share the three things that you already know for sure about “true lean”.
Pre-Reading (Click the Link to Open the File Viewer)
HBR Healthcare Needs Real Competition
BMJ Why Lean Doesn’t Work for Everyone
Some other supporting thoughts from our Blog:
All VIMEO videos’ password for Part One: SSHexeced2017!
Online Presentations (Page through these before class)
Module One – Orientation: Why Be Better?
1.1 The Foundations
Module Two – Visual Scorecard
Module Three – The Daily Meeting
NEW (01.02.2018) – Old Video on Daily Meetings
Module Four – Basic Problem Solving
Selected Video Content (videos to enhance the material on the slides above) – Password for the videos is SSHexeced2017!
The Process Map for Replenishing Milk in the Refrigerator
How to Create a Visual Check and Control When Communicating your Problem Solving Activity
A Primer on the Problem Solving Board and How it Works
Some Tips for Team Leaders on How to Use the Problem Solving Board to Coach Your Team
Leader Standard Work Template
Daily Meeting Record
ASG Problem Solving Sheet
Agenda Plan for 5 December 2017